What is it like?
Design Thinking is a critical skill required to survive in today’s competitive marketplace. It is a creative problem solving process that helps people discover, generate and execute a range of innovations to grow your business. Our agency has over 20 years experience in creating and launching innovations by applying Design Thinking principles and we have also worked with IDEO, the world leader in Design Thinking.
Participants will be led through a series of Design Thinking exercises that are applied to a current business issue resulting in innovative ideas from the training.
How does it work?
You will learn scientifically proven ways to harness the power of Design Thinking to generate innovation by applying the Design Thinking principles and processes to issues that impact your business.
It will be a bespoke program and include a range of exercises to assist you to:
- Gather inspiration: Ignite creative thinking by discovering what people really need.
- Generate ideas: Gain new tools for generating ideas including how to challenge assumptions and think beyond the obvious.
- Prototype and experiment: Put your ideas into action by learning the process of prototyping.
- Storytelling: Learn how to influence, inform and persuade leveraging the science of storytelling.
What will it achieve?
Creativity and the ability to innovate are like muscles, the more we use them, the stronger they get. Our Design Thinking training program will deliver:
- A team practised in the principles of Design Thinking and able to replicate the process for future business issues.
- A deep understanding of the processes and conditions needed to ignite innovation.
- A range of innovative ideas that address current business issues providing a competitive advantage.
- A more dynamic and innovative culture where creative thinking thrives.
“Even for a conservative guy like me, the program was very thought provoking and eye opening. The thing I enjoyed most was how the concepts can quickly be used as effective tools with minimal effort. I have also used the techniques with my HR team at some of our regular meetings. The learnings live on for me. I have my set of “cards” that are valuable reminders of the various techniques that are available. For me personally, this has been a very powerful program and one that very much took me out of my comfort zone (being the conservative type I am!).”