In October 2013, the winemaking business of Pernod Ricard re-branded from Premium Wine Brands to Pernod Ricard Winemakers with the mission of Leading Wine Innovation. To help achieve this mission, the business identified a need to invest in creativity to help unlock innovation amongst its employees.
The Desired Outcome
Train the leadership team in the science of Creative Problem Solving to create a culture of innovation where everyone is empowered to ask, “Is there a better way?” and are personally accountable for implementing solutions that improve the workplace for employees and the customer.
What we did
- To foster a creative culture, we developed and implemented a creativity leadership program, called Th!nk: Creative Leadership Lab.
- The program was designed to internalise behaviours of creative problem solving to build a culture of Creative Leadership within the business.
- Th!nk: Creative Leadership Lab positioned creativity as a mental capability that helps anyone and everyone imagine new, unusual or unique ideas – regardless of their day-to-day function.
- Employees from every department of Pernod Ricard Winemakers were selected to participate in the Creative Leadership program to develop their approach to problem-solving and creativity.
- The sessions used real business challenges, which ensured that the outcome of training could be applied directly to real-time needs.
- We created four training modules encompassing:
- Vision and Clarification
- Implementation and Creative Leadership.
All of this was delivered as part of the Th!nk: Creative Leadership Lab training program.
- The direct outcome of Th!nk: Creative Leadership Lab’s was the transformation of employees into engaged, Creative Leaders.
- The training modules ensured that key players from across the business had established their own creative confidence and were better equipped to drive creativity and cultural change on a day-to-day basis.
- Each Th!nk training module focused on real business issues. This meant that at the end of the program, the Creative Leaders had five developed ideas that were ready for implementation by the business.
- Most importantly, Th!nk: Creative Leadership Lab created a team of engaged and enthusiastic Creative Leaders ready to take on a challenge and help Pernod Ricard Winemakers achieve its mission.
- In 2014, the company was featured in the Australian Financial Review list of Most Innovative Companies as a result of the program.